Piercing Aftercare - General Aftercare
To provide the best care for your piercing, please follow the directions below:
- Wash hands with Antibacterial soap before cleaning.
- Use Saline solution ( DIY recipe or Sea Salt with Boiled water. They are the same thing).
- Clean using a clean Cotton Buds, Q Tips.
- Soak the cotton bud with saline solution.
- Rub around the front ball, entrance to the piercing.
- Rub around the back ball, exit of the piercing.
- Get a new Cotton Bud and DRY thoroughly.
- Do this every day.
- 1st Month clean 2-3 times.
- 2nd Month clean 2 times.
- 3rd Month and onwards clean 1 time a day.
- After the period you can use a mild Antibacterial soap when showering for upkeep of hygiene routine.
As part of a sea salt rinse.
We recommend sea salt rinses for piercings located inside of the mouth. We recommend to swish the solution and spit.
*Do not swallow the rinse solution.
Light Piercing Blister
Please come and see one of our piercers as soon as possible.
Some types of blisters can be treated by using NoPull discs.
The Disc protects soft tissue piercings and prevents the jewelry back from causing irritation or sinking, which can happen with any piercing when swollen.
When worn for scarring (the dreaded piercing bump), NoPull Piercing Disc™ has proven to smooth out and even completely heal this condition safely, quickly, and without discomfort or anxiety! The NoPull Piercing Disc™ is worn for (approximately) 2 - 4 weeks, with gentle, but direct contact with the bump. Our piercers will check it and give you the best advice to treat your piercing blister.
Severe Piercing Blister...
Please come and see one of our piercers as soon as possible as it might be the case that you would need to see the GP.
- Wear clothes from natural fibers (cotton, linen, silk) as they will allow your piercing to breathe. Synthetic fibers do not, and this can slow down healing. Be especially conscious of bras and padding over nipple piercings and underwear over genital piercings.
- Give your body a boost with food supplements. Iron, vitamin B, vitamin C and zinc are important substances for the healing.
- Drink enough water, Water cleans your body and thus accelerates the healing.
- Sleeping position. When healing ear piercings, sleep on your other side. Try to stay off your stomach with healing navel piercings as well.
- Never use table salt on your piercing. Use natural sea salt
- Never touch with dirty hands. Do not let anyone else touch your piercing
- Never twist or take out before the piercing is fully healed as this can rip the channel that is being created and the healing process will start over and greatly extended the healing period and may cause damage.
- Try keep hair away from fresh piercings as hair carries a lot of oils and microscopic bacterial organisms
- Do not get Makeup, Moisturiser, Fake tan inside the wound. Go close around but NOT inside.
- The more you leave your piercing alone, the faster and better it will heal.
- Do not over clean your piercing as it will not heal. Over Cleaning takes away the good bacteria your body needs to heal.
- Public pools, lakes, and especially hot tubs should be avoided during healing. If you must swim, consider using a watertight covering such as Tegaderm Dressing.
- Avoid cleaning with Betadine®, Hibiciens®, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Dial® or other soaps containing triclosan, as these can damage cells.
- In the event an infection is suspected, quality jewelry or an inert alternative should be left in place to allow for drainage of the infection. If the jewelry is removed, the surface cells can close up, which can seal the infection inside the piercing channel and result in an abscess. Do not remove jewelry unless instructed to by a medical professional.