Once the tattoo is done, for the best outcome it is essential to take a very good care of it along with quality aftercare cream. It is happening on a regular basis, after getting a full day session, the client can not wait to show off his/her tattoo and doesn’t keep any wrap over the fresh tattoo artwork. So here are some tips that you would need to follow for the next 2 weeks:
- For the next 2 days change your bandage every 3-4 hours.
- After removal of bandage wash with warm water and preferably with UNSCENTED soap.
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel and let it dry.
- Apply a thin layer of aftercare cream and massage into the skin to the point where it just barely looks moist. Cover with a cling film.
- Repeat doing the same procedure every 3-4 hours for the first 2 days only.
- Keep your tattoo clean with anticeptic soap and water during the day and if it gets dry, apply a small amount of anticeptic moisturiser.
- Repeat this process for 1-2 weeks depending on how the tattoo looks.
- The tattoo will peel like a sunburn after a few days. It is totally normal to see colored flakes of skin shedding. If it does scab in a few areas this is nothing to worry about, just let them fall off on their own. Do not scratch or pick at them and do NOT over-saturate in the shower. This could soften them up too much and cause them to come off prematurely which will leave blank spots that will need touching up.
- During the healing process (2 weeks)…No sun, no swimming pools, no jacuzzis, no soaking in the water of any kind!
- After your tattoo is healed…Use sunblock cream, but not a fake tan, this will keep it looking like new longer.
After you are all healed (usually about 2 weeks) stop in and say hello so the artist can give it a good looking over to make sure it is ok.